We would like to thank everyone who attended our Meaningful Night Out presentation. The focus of our presentation was to acknowledge that adopting a certified electronic health record system can seem overwhelming. Furthermore, the process of attaining the $44,000 to $64,000 per doctor in incentives the government offers as part of the HITECH Act is equally intimidating. We hope the presentation was valuable in clarifying the process of accomplishing both of these tasks. I have posted the slides from our presentation for you to review when it is time for you to take on these challenges.
Whether you are only now beginning to shop for a certified electronic health record system that fits your practice, or you have already adopted a system and need assistance getting your incentive money from the government, MBA Medical Business Associates would be happy to provide you with advice without charge. Should you need us to undertake any of these processes for you we are also willing to discuss the fee for doing so. Feel free to contact our office anytime.
Please remember these few points when moving forward:
- Getting your incentive money from the government is a means to accomplish your goal of utilizing an electronic health record system, not the other way around
- Utilizing an EHR is a reward in itself as it improves your practice efficiency, increases your revenue, and improves the quality of healthcare
- When choosing an EHR
- Find a system that fits the individual needs of your practice
- Choose a system that can be easily modified, even after you have gone live on the system
- Choose a EHR vendor who has assets and will be around for a long time
- Utilize as many of the features of your EHR as you can. Not only will this go farther to help you demonstrate meaningful use, it will also improve the way your office functions
- Learn how to get you a return on your investment, and utilize outside resources if necessary
- Use your system and cash your checks